Registration of sports nutrition. Food supplements and systems applied for nutrition of sportsmen
The food products for nutrition of sportsmen (sports nutrition) are specialized food products of the given chemical composition, added nutritional value and (or) directional efficiency consisting of a complex of products or represented by their separate types that exerts a specific impact on enhancing the adaptive human capabilities to physical and nervous & emotional stress.
In essence, the major part of products attributed to the given group (multivitamins, protein, fat burners etc.) was initially created to take care of the diseased. The idea of positioning such nutrition as a sports one originated in early 1970 with the development of bodybuilding culture. In the pursuit of improving their results sportsmen consulted the best practices of natural sciences, including medicine, while large firms and specialized companies, grasping this trend, created a whole line of products (all possible protein and amino-acid supplements, vitamin-mineral complexes etc.).
The following items are attributed to sports nutrition:
- Acidic amino acids, primarily, glutamic and aspartic acids. They are easily digestible and serve as perfect raw materials for muscles.
- With high-intensity endurance exercises metabolism of sportsmen grows tremendously. Thus, sportsmen are in dire need of the increased doses of vitamins.
- Products containing protein concentrates. The main component necessary for growth of muscle mass and replenishment of energy costs is a protein. Thus, protein is one of the most widely spread sports supplements.
- Gainers are products containing a mix of protein concentrates and carbohydrates. Supplies a complex of necessary substances to the organism of a sportsman for quick growth of muscle mass.
- Fat burners on the basis of L-carnitine. L-carnitine contributes to decomposition of fats in muscle tissues supplying additional energy to it, the fact that, in turn, increases the duration of exercises.
- Supplements of directional regenerating effect. Different types of substances are at the root of them. For instance, glucosamine and chondroitin protect joints from damage, nitrogen oxide contributes to healing of muscle and ligament injuries.
According to the unified list of commodities subject to sanitary & epidemiological surveillance (control) at the customs border and customs territory of the Customs union (EurAsEC), the sports nutrition is subject to mandatory state registration.
The state registration of food products for sports nutrition shall be performed for the purpose of confirmation of safety of products and its conformity to technical regulation of the Customs union TR CU 021/2011 “On safety of food products”.
The Federal Service for Customer Rights and Human Welfare Protection (Rospotrebnadzor) shall serve as the executive authority in charge of the state registration of sports nutrition.
In the process of registration the experts from Rospotrebnadzor shall conduct expertise of the submitted documents and results of research and tests carried out by the authorized expert institutions and shall provide an inspection report on issuance or refusal in issuing a Certificate on state registration.
The certificate on state registration (registration certificate, RC) shall be issued on a one-off basis for the entire lifecycle of the industrial production of the Russian made sports nutrition and supplies of foreign products.
The experts from the company “Medcertificate” provide consultancy services covering all matters on registration of sports nutrition:
- Development of regulatory documentation;
- Organization and monitoring of necessary tests;
- Compilation of a registration dossier in accordance with the applicable requirements;
- Submission of the dossier to Rospotrebnadzor and monitoring of registration progress;
- Obtaining a registration certificate